Thursday, January 31, 2008

Consider being an Organ Donor

Not one of my typical posts. But this has been an important topic to me for as long as I can remember. I remember "checking the box" on my driver's license renewal form many, many years ago. I don't think I gave it a ton of thought at the time. But over the years, I am convinced that it is one of the best choices I have ever made.

Not looking to offend or open up a big ethical debate, this is simply a personal opinion. There are 98,207 Americans on the waiting list for various organs as of 8:16pm this evening. Think about how you would feel if a parent, sibling, friend or even worse, a child needed an organ. You would surely hope that there was one available. Others feel the same.

Give it some thought. Consider paying it forward. Honestly, when the time comes, you will not need them anymore.

Here are a few links...

No comments: