Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Tool I Couldn't Live Without: SnagIt!

Pretty strong statement. Probably a bit extreme, but I think you get where I am coming from. There are those software tools out there that we use everyday, whether we like to or not. Some we use because they just get the job done. Others we use because they make a certain aspect of our jobs easier. Then there are others that we simply like to use.

Quite frankly, I think SnagIt falls into all of those categories for me. Simply put, SnagIt is a screen capture software product by Techsmith. SnagIt has been around for along time and many of the people reading this have either used it or heard of it. It is super handy to create static images, avi's, add text or other features to images etc. Plus it comes with its own little editor, which is shown above.

But I think what I like the most about it is the whole package.

  1. Tool that everyone can use
  2. Super easy to use - does what I expect
  3. Has non-intrusive plug-ins to almost everything
  4. Has simple hot keys like "Print Screen"
  5. It's cheap - $39.95
  6. It allows for a classic no hassle 30-day eval

So anyone out there can simply go to their website, try it for 30days and if yo like it, you pay the ~$40.. Pretty simple. Plus I just got a notice the other day to upgrade to the latest version for free. Techsmith is a cool little company. It has alot of really great products. They certainly fill a niche out there and as far as I know, they are the only ones in the game?

What other products do you use everyday??

No comments: