Monday, June 02, 2008

Wow, Dassault Systemes Announces V6 & PLM 2.0

I look forward to the daily CAD industry emails that I receive everyday. MCAD Cafe and Tenlinks are my favorites. I usually look at them for about 10 seconds scanning for something to pop out at me. Not exactly sure what I am looking for but mostly related to the new releases of CAD, CFD related things and the next big thing. Check out the link on V6 coming out of Dassault.


Being a bit obsessed with web based on-demand software lately. This idea of PLM 2.0 is really interesting to me. I have seen alot of companies advertise these "web tools" or their "collaboration environment" but from what I have seen, they are not being used as mush as they could and should be. Almost every company in the world, small and large, has another "foreign" site that they deal with. Whether it is another site within the same company, a supplier, potential client - we all are dealing and struggling with the idea of communicating our ideas, designs, models with other locations.

I have only seen the video coming out of DS so far, but I am anxious to see what this PLM 2.0 movement is all about.

No comments: