Friday, August 15, 2008

My New Fascination: Twitter

As we speak, I am sitting in London, heading home after a week of traveling in Europe on business. Spent my time split between England and Germany. I had a chance to dig a bit deeper into microblogging a bit. I'll leave it up to the wikipedia link to give you a background and history on microblogging. In a nutshell, it is a fast way to keep those in your "circle" up to date on what you are up to. The concept exists on Facebook, MySpace and other social networking sites. But probably the most popular is twitter.


A few people responded to my blog posts and asked when I was going to get into tweeting, twitter etc.. I'll be honest, I didn't get it at first. I then saw this post on demogirl.com and it began to make a bit more sense. But then saw the awesome video below and it sealed the deal for me.



I am now a huge fan and somewhat obsessed with twitter. For a guy that travels a ton and really likes to stay connected, it is a perfect outlet to stay in touch with friends and family. I am definitely relatively new to the whole thing and we'll see how long it lasts, but if you are interested, you can find me here.

No comments: