Sunday, August 24, 2008

Trying to install Catia v5 R18 on Vista 32-bit!!!!?

Reaching out to anyone that can help. You can save the "I told you so comments" :) I realize that v5 isn't supported on 32-bit Vista, however, I know that people have gotten R17 and R16 to run, so one would assume that R18 can run.

The installer for v5 doesn't even run on 32 bit, so I copied the installation files over manually. I set the env variables as well, so v5 opens. I just can't get the license service to start. I use the i4cfg.exe to set my laptop as the license server. Seems to go ok, until I try and start the service.

I run i4cfg -start from the Command Prompt and receive. I get..



Followed by a...

GRL-2050: *** Fatal error from I4LLMD:
License database on an invalid node.
CFG-20040: Error(s) reported by 1 or more services: 'Start Services' failed
Press any key to continue . . .

in the command prompt window. I noticed that my targetid is completely different than the one I used for XP, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get it running??? Other than this roadblock, I have been pretty happy with Vista in general. Much more to come on that front...

7 comments:

Derrek Cooper said...

making progress, start vista in SAFE MODE, v17 installs. Now, I need to get the license mgr running as the targetid has changed??

Unknown said...

try installing pirated copy of Vista.
there are hack and tweaked versions that let you install some stuff that usually wont install.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1228643

you can probably just install the tweaks on your OS.

PS.
love your blog and CFD

Derrek Cooper said...

uninstalling and reinstalling the LUM tool helps getting the lic server service started. not my license file is not working -- incorrect password in the targetid?

Derrek Cooper said...

still not getting super far with this, tried updating the latest LUM, still getting a failed password in the target id

Derrek Cooper said...

dialed in, got it working. upgraded to the latest LUM 3.8?

needed to force the i4target to point to the appropriate device..

i4target -z; this will list the device

i4target -d device name; will select which device

i4targer -O; will display target id

Anonymous said...

Were you ever able to install Catia V5 R18 on Vista 32 bit?

Luenyar said...

Sorry I don't have any help for Vista 32-bit. But on Vista 64-bit I had to disable the UAC for LUM to work correctly. That is the only suggestion I can offer.