Friday, September 05, 2008

Weekend Project: Ubuntu Linux

I have written in the past about my interest in Linux. I have recently downloaded and installed Ubuntu. Certain surveys show that Ubuntu is the most popular Linux distributions, approximately 30%. Dell even offers it on certain machines.

The main reason I like this distribution is that it focuses on ease of use and installation. Other Linux distributions are probably just as powerful but can be difficult to use or difficult to install. I downloaded ubuntu and installed on an old machine with no issues at all. I am still working on getting the wireless card to work but I think I have an old machine with an outdated driver.



I also recently took the plunge into the world of Vista. Check out the video above that highlights some of the differences between the two. I still don't believe that Linux will be accepted by mainstream users. But, then again, not sure if that is the targeted market?

No comments: