Wednesday, June 11, 2008

SnagIt! 9: Nice!!!

Techsmith continues to amaze. Each time a new release of Snag It comes out, they include a bucket of new features that really increase productivity of the tool. The new interface takes on the look and feel of ribbons, a spin-off of the Office 2007 interface.


When the "ribbons" UI was released, I really struggled to get my first few spreadsheets and presentations together. But the more I use it, I love it. Especially the more companies that adopt and tweak the platform, the easier everything will become. In my world, SolidWorks, Spaceclaim and now SnagIt have all jumped on the train. I just saw a sneak peak at the new Solid Edge with Synchronous Technology and they have jumped on as well. I am a big fan of creative new fresh interfaces, but I am also a huge fan of completely intuitive interfaces that respond exactly the way we as users, expect them to respond.

There is a cool video that highlights all of the new features in detail.

But if you are not already a SnagIt user, just download it for 30days - I am convinced you'll be hooked.

No comments: