Sunday, December 30, 2007

How to travel internationally for half the price?

I am sure everyone has similar feelings at this time of year. Another "Holiday Season" is coming to an end. As much as I look forward to it every year, I am just about as happy to see it go and get back to some sort of normal life. Admittedly, everyone has a different view of normalcy.

Traveling for business is a major part of my life. Flying out of Philly, I am pretty loyal to US Airways. Majority of the time, I use their site to book my travel. But I also use Kayak.com to search other deals. If you have read any posts, you know that I am a big fan of really slick innovative interfaces. Check out a shot of theirs.


Their searching is similar to others (expedia, travelocity, orbitz etc). But the slickest thing they have, that I have never seen before, are the filters. I highlighted them above on the left, in red. Allows you to very quickly show non-stop only, select only specific carriers and the coolest part are the slider bars that allow you to narrow in on departure time, arrival time etc. Definitely go check it out.

But by far, the coolest travel site that I have found is AIRFARE.COM. This is way more than just another travel site. It appears that they purchase tickets in bulk. Therefore, their prices are more than half the price of everyone else. I have no idea how that can be. But take it from me, it just works. I have used them and they are the real deal. I travel to Europe often on Sunday evenings which the airlines love as a typical fare is ~$1800. Airfare's price is ~$900. What?! Yeah.. Go try it for yourself.

No comments: