Thursday, December 13, 2007

Swiss Engineering is into Industrial Design

Just spent a day at a medical device company in Switzerland. The first thing I noticed was that the working environment was very nice. Trendy, slick and sophisticated all in one. There are three major industries in this part of Switzerland: small mechanical devices, medical devices and of course, watches. Each take great pride in their work and provide a very nice atmosphere for their employees, vendors and customers.




The office park looked like most that we see in the US, but the minute you walk in, you notice right away that this company is different. Various art work is displayed everywhere. The furniture is modern and very high quality. Especially for an office.


The people are quite friendly and have a confidence that is very reassuring. They take great pride in their work and spend a great deal of time on the industrial design of their products. Some might question the length to which they go to make their stuff "attractive". But I noticed it right away, very impressive.


The geek in me was dying to know what ID software they used? Was it a partner of Pro/e? Icem surf, Alias, think3?? I know, I need a hobby... I was hoping it was think3. I haven't seen their demo in along time. I have always thought they targeted an interesting market. Unfortunately, I never did get an answer to my question.

No comments: