Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Big Moutains to Climb in Germany

I just returned from a trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. It is about an hour outside of Munich. Great little ski town. They take great pride in the fact that they were the host of the 1936 Olympics. Seems like along time ago to me, but nonetheless, they are proud.

I spent most of the time in meetings, but was fortunate enough to walk around for a bit. We also had some fantastic Bavarian meals in some of the authentic restaurants in town. I also snapped a few pics. Check out the image below. I was in awe of the shear size of the moutains. Sure, we have the Rockies in the US, but they seemed small in comparison. I found it interesting that some of the people in our meetings shared the same sentiment about the moutains, others seemed mildly impressed. I guess it all depends on what you are used to?

It is great to have the opportunity to meet German companies and understand their processes and challenges. They do business slightly different and definitely take great pride in their engineering. But many German engineers relate to the benefits of Upfront simulation. It is exciting to show people how to approach fluid flow and thermal challenges in an Upfront way. I am looking forward to my next trip to learn even more about this fascinating place.

No comments: