Saturday, April 12, 2008

Marin Bikes are designed using Autodesk Products

I wrote in a previous post, that I have been bicycle shopping. I chose to stick with REI as my bike shop. Quite a few reasons why I chose REI, partly because it is local to my house and I figured I'd support the co-op. The two main bike brands that REI sells are Novara and Marin. It was tough to decide between the two, but I noticed the Marin had a sticker "designed using Autodesk". Being a big fan and user of Autodesk Inventor, I easily picked the Marin.

I decided to go with the Marin Muirwoods 29er. It is a hybrid bike that I can ride mostly on the streets of Philly but allows me to hit some of the gravel paths in the neighborhood parks.


Here is another shot of a model our team worked on for one of the other bike manufacturers.


I am looking forward to the warmer season and one of my goals this summer is to drastically reduce the need to drive a car. Not only is it great exercise, but it is one of the many things I think we all should be doing to help improve the environment.

No comments: