Monday, April 07, 2008

A "Must-Have" for Road Warriors

I have always debated about lugging around a surge protector when on the road. I always stayed away from it, as I have plenty of stuff in my bag. But the more international traveling I do, the more I realize I need to bring one along. There are three main instances where I find it super valuable .
  1. In a foreign country, I have one adpater. I want to charge both my laptop and my mobile phone.
  2. In an airport, I am struggling to find power, all of the outlets are taken. I can now make friends and can always get someone to share as I am providing the "strip".
  3. At a conference or meetings, everyone scrambles to plug in to the "one" power strip in the room. Again, I am making friends.

I just scored this Monster Outlets to Go from Radio Shack of all places. Personally, I don't ever think of Radio Schack for this type of thing. Maybe I should. It's definitely my favorite gadget for the road right now.

No comments: