Monday, December 15, 2008

Are you buried in email? --- Try Xobni!!!

Longest hiatus I have taken from blogging since I started. But, I plan to come back in full swing over the next few weeks. I am noticing that my email inbox is growing out of control. I am trying to stay on top and stick to my GTD roots. Getting harder and harder everyday. Just spent a week in the UK, staying on top of email and had to clean out over 200 "strays" over the weekend.

I have Outlook folders etc but I find emails just get lost in the mix. I find them difficult to search (takes too long), they get archived, crappy tagging system etc.. I then began to use Evernote as a "catchall" file system- I use tags to organize, clips, snagit grabs, links, photos and now email.



But, I still struggle to find certain emails etc. Especially those that contain attachments and especially those that have attachments that cannot be dragged into Evernote. So, I downloaded Xobni (clever--INBOX, spelled backwards).



So, I use it as an awesome search tool within Outlook. It is fast, relevant and easy to use. Probably one of my favorite tools of 2008.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks wicked cool. Free? If so, how is it monetized?

I'd like it just for the Skype number at a click. I tried installing the Skype for Outlook plugin awhile back and loved its functionality... except it slowed Outlook to a crawl for me. How's performance with Xobni?

Derrek Cooper said...

it's free..assume they are looking to be bought by MS? no perf isssues at all, ive been running it for months..

Anonymous said...

You should also check out Gist (www.gist.com). It works with Outlook as well as Gmail and any other web-based information source (LinkedIn, etc.) combining your contacts with news about them.

Robert
Gist, Inc.

Jonah said...

Been using Xobni for a couple weeks now and loving it. Near instant search, easy org. of attachments, etc.

Not noticed any slow down of Outlook at all....