Thursday, December 18, 2008

Evernote Premium is My New BFF

I am finally developing an actual system to store all of my "stuff". That's emails, random thoughts, to do lists, grocery lists, project organizer, attachment bucket. You name it and I put it in Evernote. I have preached this message before.

I just saw an announcement that Evernote Premium allows me to attach or embed files (MS, pdf etc) as thumbnails in my notes. This is awesome. Something I have been wanting for some time.

So the catch? Premium costs money, Basic is free. How much?

Drum roll.... Evernote Premium is $5/month, $45/annual. Not a bad deal at all.




I feel like I am doing my part by supporting a product that I have been using successfully for months. Why should it be free? It shouldn't.

Ok, now that I have plugged Evernote.. Here is my wish list.
  1. I want an output button from SnagIt to Evernote. I can't seem to get the hang of the "Clipper".
  2. I want markup capability in Evernote, similar to SnagIt. I want to be able to highlight, circle, draw arrows etc to stuff that I clip. Currently, I do all of this in SnagIt and then save to Evernote. The problem is, sometimes I want to edit them.
  3. Third, creating a to-do list or numbered list of tasks needs some work. I want it to work more like Word. Currently, it is more like Notepad.
So, now that I am a paying customer..... are you listening?

1 comment:

tombo33 said...

I completely agree with your assessment of evernote... Having a highlighting feature would be key. Also, they should consider adding a "star" feature like in google reader. Sometimes I clipped articles I want to read later and having a quick category or reminder like that would be helpful.