Tuesday, December 23, 2008

SpaceClaim Delivers this Xmas

Anyone that has followed this blog during the Holidays knows that I like to have a bit of fun and try and create a CFdesign Holiday-inspired model. I wanted to get this bad boy posted before XMAS. A video will be posted to You Tube shortly.

In the spirit of the season, I reached out to friends at the various CAD companies to see if anyone had a model to share. I'd happily give credit where credit was due etc. Figured it would be fun.

Well, the folks at SpaceClaim not only stepped up, but they are clearly over-achievers. I mean that in the best way possible. Check out the image below of the model they sent.

I honestly wasn't expecting much of a response at all. So, I felt obliged to deliver on my end. Here are some of the images from the model run in CFdesign....




Ok, a few take-aways on this experience...
  1. The guys @ SpaceClaim are awesome to deal with. Super responsive in a genuinely interested in helping kind of way.
  2. I forgot how much fun SpaceClaim is to drive. When I received the model, it was really fancy, tons of gaps, small surfaces, interferences, surface and solids. I was able to wack it up in SC in a matter of no time to get it "meshable" in CFdesign. Some of the tools in the 2009 BETA are awesome.
  3. Spaceclaim just works. Its definitely different than CAD, but from a simulation perspective, it is a great modeler. I learned a ton by just clicking away- their UNDO is second to none.
Thanks SpaceClaim!!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!

No comments: